Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

More Handmade Cards

Either I have been very busy making cards or I have not posted my creations recently.  Or both.  I am back to trying to make (or at least design) a card every weekend.  I'm sure this post looks long on your scroll bar, but know going in that it is mostly pictures.


I made this one back in November for a couple to celebrate 25 years of missionary service with Youthfront, their 30th wedding anniversary and their 50th birthdays!  I love how the design (which is from the Wild Card cartridge) is so versatile.  I held on to the negatives of this cut because I think they will make a pretty cool card as well.


Our next door neighbor got engaged so I made this card for her.  I got to use a bunch of my shiny scraps for this one.  The cut is an SVG file from the SVGcuts website.  It was a free cut at the time, but I don't think it is currently available for free.


I gave my neighbor the engagement card along with these Rolo Pretzel treats and put them in this treat bag I made from a 12x12 piece of cardstock.  Loved this tutorial on how to make it!


Here is a card I made from scraps (of which I have a TON!)  I like how it turned out and plan to make more of these from scraps.

 








For my mom's 60th birthday, I asked family and her friends if they would like to spend some time with her.  For those who responded, I made a little coupon book (of tags from the Picturesque cartridge) so I could have something to physically give her on her birthday.  I wrote their name and what they wanted to do (take her to lunch, visit her garden, etc.) on each card.  She has started writing the date and what they did on the back of each tag when the coupon is redeemed.  (This gift went over VERY WELL!  Try giving it to someone and see what I mean!)


Here is a card I made for a wedding with paper I had yet to use from Ten Thousand Villages.  The cut is from the Cricut Cake cartridge.  I liked the cut so much I used the negative of it for another card that I think turned out even better.


Simple, yet elegant.  I actually keep this one on display on my crafting desk.

 

For my friend's baby shower, I wanted to make a blue bird with a white baby, but got my cuts confused when I entered them so here is the result.  Still cute.  I made another one for her with a purple bird and peach baby which turned out like this:


I didn't leave myself tons of time between making the card and the shower, but if I did, I may have added a sentiment on the front.


This is actually a card by Gartner Studios that I got at Target.  I just I jazzed it up using the same collage method as seen above with scraps of blue.  I wish I could tell you where all my paper comes from but I don't keep track, I just integrate it with my other patterned paper (which are divided by color) when I get it.


This last one is a sympathy card I made using cuts from the Serenade cartridge.  I'm not used to a Cricut Solutions cartridge and really miss the booklet!  Fortunately, the Cricut Craft Room is very helpful in such situations.  Do you have any experience/ thoughts/ opinions on Cricut Solutions cartridges?

1 comments:

sargnasus said...

You make beautiful cards, Courtney!

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.