Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

More Pinterest Recipe Reviews

More Pinterest surfing means more recipes I've tried.  Here are a few more we put to the test.

Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes with Creamy Dill Sauce

Source
 These potatoes were pretty good.  I used toothpicks to hold the bacon on.  I made the dip too, but we'd probably just use ranch dressing next time.  I didn't have fresh dill though, so I'm sure that made a difference.

One-Dish Italian Chicken with Vegetables

Source
This was fantastic!  The original pin is just the image with the recipe as the caption.  Simply put 4-6 raw chicken breasts, new potatoes, green beans (fresh or canned-really any green veggie would work- broccoli was also suggested). Arrange in 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then top with a melted stick of butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Love that it was only one dish and everything was done at the same time.  I used somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 stick of butter and it was still wonderful.

Pancake Muffins

  
This was just a jpeg with a recipe:  Preheat oven to 350, mix 1 c pancake mix, 2/3 c water, 1/2 c syrup. Mix together, pour in greased muffin pan. Top with banana, blueberries, chocolate chips, pecans, sausage, bacon....etc. Bake for 12-14 minutes and serve.  These were great!  I made them for my little pancake lover.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take into consideration that she is not a texture girl.  She ate strawberries and bananas but did not eat muffins containing said fruits, even if they were Pancake Muffins.  I enjoyed those and gave her the plain ones.  Another plus is that (unlike when I make pancakes) these were all done at the same time.

Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken

Source
I ♥ slow cooker meals!  And, like most of them, this one was pretty simple, yet turned out pretty good.  Just throw some chicken, onion, water, butter and spices in the slow cooker.  Personally, I am horrible with spices.  I don't like too many of them.  I think I used garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and Lowry's seasoning salt.  A type-A girl like me really needs exact spices with exact amounts, but I attempted this meal and conquered the ambiguity.  I will take better notes next time so I can get a good spice mix that I really like.

Rocky Road Cookies

Source
This recipe even has a video tutorial.  I tried it because A) just look at it and B) it is gluten-free.  They were AMAZING!  And just like most amazing cookies, horrible for you.  :o)  I went to a dessert reception knowing a friend would be there who could not have wheat.  I brought some along spicifically for her.  She LOVED them and wanted the recipe. (She was also grateful someone thought to provide a gluten-free dessert!)

1 comments:

Laura said...

I'm going to try the one dish chicken!!!! Also, love you new blog decor!! Super cute!!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.