Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fixing Footies



I have always loved pointillism art.  I think it appeals to my Type-A, left brain personality.  Ah, the meticulous beauty.



I loved this piece from an art museum in Indianapolis.  Here's a closer look:

Amazing.
Now, what does that have to do with footie pajamas?

Well, we are very blessed to have several friends who pass along their clothes for Annique to wear.  Around this time of year, we break out the warm, cute footie pajamas.  Annqiue loves running around in them.  The problem comes when she tries to stop because we have hardwood floors and the footies have lost their grip.  Poor baby has wiped out several times.  I could fix this problem I thought, as I held a crying girl whose head had banged the floor after a particularly bad fall.

My supplies:


 T-Shirt paint and the cute yellow monkey footies.



 Not sure you can see how worn these little grips are.  I'm about to fix that!


 I just started making rows of dots along the bottom of the pajamas.


Halfway there.  I let it dry completely before starting the other foot.


Done!  I liked the feel of all these dots.

Close- up view.

And yes, they work!  No more slipping and sliding.  Since I used T-shirt paint, these little dots have held up for several washings as well.  The success was so great, I fixed two more pairs!  Even Dan was impressed.  :o)

6 comments:

DG said...

Nice work

Jean K. said...

Great idea!

Kate said...

Great idea! I will be doing this very soon. Thanks for sharing!

Stella Nemeth said...

You're a very good mom. A great idea.

Courtney G. said...

Thanks! Good luck fixing your kiddo's footies!

Courtney G. said...

You're sweet! Thank you.

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.