Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Winter of Scarves

Not much of a winter FOR scarves, but I didn't know that when I planned to make them as gifts in October.  Nope, right now I'm listening to the sounds of a February thunderstorm.  The rain is watering my bulbs that sprouted back in January.  Not scarf material.

I'll tell you what is scarf material: Ivory yarn.  I used at least 4 skeins of it.  I started with a scarf for my mom for Christmas.  Using this pattern, I created a lovely scarf, which she promptly returned to me to make it even thicker.  The pics are of the original scarf, before more rows were added.


I also wanted to crochet a scarf for my sister-in-law for her early November birthday.  I used this pattern and really liked the result.  (And so did she!)



Fortunately, Christmas with my family was on New Year's Day so I had the time to complete a scarf for my brother's girlfriend.  I used this pattern for her scarf.  I really liked how the latter two scarves were lighter, more airy if you will.


Next time I will try to remember to take pictures during the daytime hours.  :o)  So that is a bit of my crazy crochet crafting.  I've also created a couple of cards.  (Love that alliteration.)  I'll get those pics posted soon.

2 comments:

DG said...

Nice job. They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I so absolutely love my scarf!! :) L; Mo

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.