Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Card Fridays

Awhile back, I set a goal to use up scraps and make a new card each Friday.  Although there have been several card-less Fridays, I have had the opportunity to do a lot of creating so here is what I've been up to.


I love my Cuttlebug!  I also wanted to incorporate my newly acquired crochet skills onto my cards so here is an example of that.  I also did a double border punch for the side.


Here's where I jumped on the paint chip bandwagon.  I like how it turned out.  Again with the Cuttlebug, but I also used some glitter glue to jazz up the edges.  I find this form of glitter mildly acceptable because it is glue, and when it dries, the glitter does not come off.


More Paint Chip flowers.  I popped these up with foam, if you can't tell from the pic. I also found a great location to photograph my cards using daylight.  Yay!


At least I changed paint chip colors here.  I made the frame and the text with a free svg file and cut it on my cutting machine.


I wanted to try out the flower technique I learned here, and this was the result.  I love it, but I won't be able to mail it.  Actually, I don't think I can get it into an envelope either.


Here is a simple one using my crochet skills again.  I found this cute heart tutorial here and wanted to try it out.  So simple!

With Christmas just past and my birthday in 4 days, I have received / will probably get new crafting tools.  So fun!  If I get a craft store gift card, I'll use part of it to expand my Cuttlebug folder collection, since all of the embossed cards pictured use the same one!

3 comments:

Susan ~ said...

Courtney, You are very talented and creative. I LOVE all of these cards!

Chris said...

Liz actually makes her own custom envelopes using a scoring board for those awkwardly shaped cards ...

Jean Kelley said...

I saw a pin recently on pinterest which teaches you to fold a pocket when you giftwrap a present for the card. It comes from marthastewart.com: http://www.marthastewart.com/272242/built-in-gift-cards?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/wrap-it-up

It would be perfect for instances when you cannot put the card in an envelope.

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.