Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Testing, testing, 1 2 3...

Internet killed my paper and pen.  Internet killed my paper and pen.  :o)

Ladies and gentlemen, my blog debut.  Don't make fun of my decor here.  I just used template #6 so I could get on with this.  You can look forward to a redesign soon.

I wanted a place to organize my thoughts about things I enjoy.  You are most likely to see what craft I'm working on, what home renovation project I've gotten myself into, how awesome my husband is, what my wonderful daughter is up to, what book I'm reading, what Pinterest thing I've tried, possibly a cool picture I have taken and other even less interesting thoughts and ramblings.

First, my current crafting obsession: crochet.  The goal was to learn how to crochet these really cool flowers to make into hair accessories.  Upon hearing I would like to learn a new craft, my crafting guru (aka mom) got me a ball of yarn and a crochet hook.   Then, I was set loose upon YouTube.  I found a great tutorial and made this dishrag.


Then, I went to Pinterest and found a pattern for this envelope.  You can store something like snail mail correspondence in here.  There is a nice chain to keep the flap closed.



And finally, I have mastered the large and small flower for hair accessories.


And maybe got a little carpal tunnel in the process.  I got the yarn on Friday and have since made five flowers.  The large ones are two inches in diameter and the small ones are an inch and a half.  Yay, goal accomplished!  I might have run up to JoAnn's this evening to get more yarn/thread.

Maybe in my next post, I'll remember to take pictures using natural light and not at 9:45pm using my desk lamp.  Gives you something else to look forward to, right?

5 comments:

Chris said...

Best. Blog title. Ever.

btw, the custom templates are pretty awesome. Just sayin'.

Trisha said...

Are pro glitter folks allowed to follow along?

angelchrys.com said...

Yay yarn!

Laura said...

Yay for you!! I'm a follower now!

marymary said...

and the tooth fairy touth pouch! so so awesome! welcome to blog world!
mary

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.